Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 637: Carving!

We carved pumpkins tonight.

I'll be honest, this is my very very very least favorite Halloween tradition.  It's messy and takes forever.

But not tonight.  My in-laws are still here and my father-in-law made record time of cleaning out the pumpkins.  Seriously, he was amazing.  He even got the kids to help.  I never can convince them.  He and Little M carved one pumpkin, Sweet P did one, and Baby B painted his with some supervision from Grandma.


She was so proud to design and carve this all by herself!

So, my Joyful Moment was getting mainly the final product of the night's work, but also, the fact that I didn't have to be very much of a part of it!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are more joyful than expected!

2 comments:

Linda said...

You'll have to have a tradition that your in-laws celebrate Halloween with you every year. How fun!

Sweet P looks like she's having fun and her pumpkin turned out so well!

Lots of JM's today - time with Ry, Mel, & kids, listening to Ky's brief solo at a fireside, making fleece blankets for their service project, playing 6 card golf...

Cheryl said...

Mom--Sounds like you're having a blast! Wish we could have joined you. And it was great having them here, but we had fun celebrating Halloween with you a couple years ago, too. (c: