Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 631: Not According To Plan

I am a Planner.

Big Time.

The busier (and more stressed) I get, the more I plan.

This week is a full week.  Full of just a bunch of "extras".  And then the week will end with my in-laws and grandparents-in-law coming for a visit.

Which adds in plenty more extras.

Which is okay.  It just means that yesterday I kind of went into planning overload.  Beginning with my plan for today.

Which didn't go according to plan in the least.

I mean, seriously, today was just bound and determined to fly right in the face of all my plans.  No matter what.  And initially, this was ridiculously frustrating!

Fortunately, that wasn't all bad.  And all of the essentials were taken care of.  And in some cases, even some positive extras.


Like this.  Remember the prize I won last week?  It came today!  A fun Joyful Moment.  Look how cute it all is?  My super talented friend made that cute crow picture and I can't wait to use the skeleton hands to serve my Halloween dinner!  Thanks, Aubrey!

And then a pop-in visit from a friend.  A very good friend.  Which was another Joyful Moment.  And she even brought flowers.  And as we all know, flowers bring Joyful Moments for several days in a row.  Which will be especially appreciated during the rest of this crazy week.  Thanks, Ashley!

Thank goodness for good friends!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments brought on by good friends, on those days that don't go according to plan!

No comments: