Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 1086: Sideways Partying

Today was Sweet P's birthday party.

Woohoo!

It was a little busy and chaotic and a few things went wrong.  Okay, more than a few.

Fortunately Sweet P was blissfully unaware of all of them, I'm pretty sure.  She had a great time and it was fun to have her friends here to celebrate with her.


I just can't ever get over how beautiful my princess is.

And yes, that is a light saber on her cupcake and Scooby Doo on the cup.  She loves too many things for us to pick just one thing to be the theme of her party.

I'm not going to lie, I was just really grateful when it was all over and quiet again.

A little bit later HH left with some friends to go try his hand at ice fishing.  I surprised myself by not having to force myself to be okay with this, but actually being excited for him to go.  So much so that I even pushed him a bit when he was hesitating.

I love surprising myself with all of these new changes.

The kids and I then had a very chill afternoon.  They opted to do a puzzle together.  The puzzle picked by Little M happened to be one given to me by an old boyfriend.  It had a love note on the back.  Once they discovered this they became quite intrigued and couldn't wait to finish it so they could read it.  Too funny!  And they of course, wanted the back story.  Since this was the guy I was planning on marrying until HH came along, that made the story all the more interesting to them.  It was kind of fun sharing this part of our history with them.

After that was all over, I remembered that a belated present for Sweet P had most likely arrived in the mail today, so I sent her out to fetch it.

It was the book Sideways Stories From Wayside School.  If you've never read it, you should.  It was one of my very very very favorites.  After a simple dinner and a group effort to clean it up, we sat and read it together.  So fun.  I love their giggles over the silliness of it.

It was great.

I loved today.

No comments: