Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 1091: Influenza Stinks

So, I didn't kick it.  It is here and here with a vengeance.

And my mom has it too. :(

It was an awesome day.

Thus, I'm going to share something from yesterday's journal entry instead of detailing my yucky day for you here.

Lessons Learned From My Boot:

  • I don't have to exercise every day to be happy
  • When I don't exercise there is more time to spend with my children (and I'm more relaxed because we're not rushing), really talk (and listen!) with my friends, serve others, get to know new people
  • Many errands don't need to happen--we can just do without
  • People pay less attention to my appearance than I think
  • I care about myself enough to take it easy and let myself heal
  • I am more patient than I give myself credit for
  • The house doesn't have to be clean all of the time
  • It doesn't take as long to catch up on clutter as I sometimes fear
  • HH is a good, and very capable, cook
  • The kids are willing and capable to help out with more things than I knew
  • When HH and the kids help out and serve me, it really makes me feel loved

No comments: