Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 1087: Slow Lessons

Today was not my favorite day.

Don't get me wrong--it had it's good points.

But, I'm okay for it to be over.

But, I did get the opportunity to re-solidify the most important lesson I've learned in all of this.  I was all grumpy and stressed out by the time we made it to church.  Then came time for the Sacrament to be passed around and I chastised Sweet P for trying to talk to me during the Sacrament when she's supposed to be "thinking about Jesus".  And then I realized that I should stick that chastisement right back on myself.  Although I'd been quiet, my thoughts were not where they should be.

So, I turned them to my Savior.  And I remembered the peace I felt when I'd felt yucky a few weeks ago and turned to the power of the Atonement.  And it was amazing how quickly all my negative feelings melted away.  Why do I get so caught up in thinking I have to carry around my hurts and my fears?

The Lord says, "Come unto me all ye that labour, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."--Matthew 11:28.

I know this is true because I've experienced it.  However, I'm pretty sure this is a lesson I will be repeating for a while, as it is for some reason a struggle for me.

I'm so thankful for it though!

No comments: