Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 1089: Have A Seat

Today was a crazy day.

After months of debating back and forth, I impulsively decided to have the kids get the flu shot at yesterday's check up.  And then it ended up being the FluMist.

I forgot that one was a live virus.

Never again!

Little M woke us up around 12:30 screaming with a fever and pain.  So much fun.  And then, the rest of the night is a bit of a blur.  Everyone was up and crying at some point.  I think they are all okay.  Little M was fine and excited to go to school this morning, even though I had planned on keeping him home.

I'm tired.

But, we had a laid back morning (Baby B and Darling A slept in suuuuuuuper late) and then ran some errands.  We picked up a bunch of supplies at JoAnn's for a project, exchanged Baby B's Christmas slippers for a better size and wound up getting $3 back in the process, picked up an item for my mom's new ipad, and even through in a grocery trip for good measure--blackberries for only $1!

It was long, but the kids did great and we got everything we needed!  Thanks to my mom and her coupons and shopping prowess, I ended up saving over $80 on all the supplies at JoAnn's.  Huge.

And then tonight, we began the big project.  My camera is upstairs and I'm in a hurry, so I'll have to upload the photos later, but we re-upholstered one of our kitchen chairs.  They are in serious need!  They have holes and tears and are plumb worn out.

*UPDATE*

Before:


After:


(Although, if you look closely, this includes another "Before".  We tried black duct tape on our very worst chair a few months back.  It didn't work out so well.  The duct tape rolled up and then who ever sat on it had a sticky bummy!)

Except for one.  It looks beautiful and brand new.  It took the combined efforts of HH, my mom, and me (who knew I could wield a staple gun with such skill?), but it looks fabulous!  And it's so comfy with the new cushioning!

I'm pretty proud.

2 comments:

Linda said...

It looks better than new, doesn't it. It was fun to do it as a team. :)

Cheryl said...

Thanks for your help!