Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 1088: It's Good To Know Where You're Going

This morning Sweet P said, "Wouldn't it be nice if we could just have school here, so we didn't have to go back to school ever?"

My response?

"No."

Don't worry.  I softened it a bit and explained.  The truth is, I know they are happier going to school.  Sweet P especially needs to learn from someone besides me.  When it's me, she takes it personal and is sad.

Anyway, it was nice having a quiet morning again.  And getting back into our routine a bit.

I had an appointment with my therapist.  It was a little different from past visits.  Mainly, because I'm pretty much a fully-functioning human being finally.  So, it was just a casual conversation about my few remaining concerns in the areas that I'm still not fully confident.

I thought it would be my very last visit.  But, after today, I think there will be at least a few more.  And that's okay.  I want to be in as strong a position as possible.  And nothing has ever helped like this has.

And then, this evening we went totally off our routine.

There was a routine check up at the pediatrician's with all four kids (they were remarkably well-behaved) and then a trip to the airport to pick up Grandma!

My mom, that is.

And we might have gotten super lost on the way home.  And not gotten home until really late.

But, we made it home and we survived and we've had great fun with my mom already!  And we're so happy to have her here!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, the trip home from the airport made it memorable... :)

I'm so happy to get to spend the week with you!

Cheryl said...

Me too!!!!