Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 74: Team Up

I might have mentioned that I teach the class of 9 and 10 year olds at church. They're good kids, but a few of them can make teaching and creating a spiritual environment a little challenging. But in light of the fact that I will soon have a new baby and will be absent for a bit, they've seen fit to assign me a teaching partner.

Today's Joyful Moment was having some assistance in dealing with one particularly difficult child. Actually, she took care of him entirely so I didn't have to get up and squeeze my large belly past all the other kids to discipline this one. It's not that I was glad she had to deal with it, it's just that it was such a relief to not have to deal with it myself for once.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments of getting a break from something unpleasant from time to time!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

feeling the joy of the sabbath and taking a walk with my children and saying hello to neighbors and friends along the way...it just makes you feel really blessed.

Meg said...

Oh my goodness, did you know that there should ALWAYS be two teachers in each class? That's crazy that your ward doesn't do that usually. Just thought you'd like to know that how it was for you yesterday is the way it's supposed to be.

Mine was going to a fireside where Elder Crittendon and his wife spoke. :)