Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 80: Enduring Friendship

Today I received a note from my oldest friend. Not "old" as in age, but because we've been friends for longer than either of us can remember. For me, that's huge. I'm not good at keeping in touch with people. At all.

But for some reason (actually, I think there are several reasons) this friendship endures. It doesn't matter that we go years in between seeing each other, and even talking. It is the kind of friendship that is just as strong regardless of the last time we communicated. And when we do, there are usually copious amounts of laughter on both sides.

But even when we aren't laughing (we've been through some rough things together), she is still a great source of joy in my life. Which is why receiving that note from her today was my Joyful Moment. She always inspires me by her positive attitude in the face of everything. She manages to lighten my load even when she is going through things that seem impossible to me. And my life is so much the better for having her in it.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments brought by a friend such as this!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Joy in being able to communicate to 80 primary children the Joy of the spirit and the Love of their Savior for them.

Melissa said...

I have a friend like this! She is great. We don't talk for ever--busy lives--and then pick right back up. I love her to death and would do anything for her.