Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 90: Lots of Fun

Today we had absolutely nothing scheduled. This made me very nervous. The kids are already going a little stir crazy and I was afraid things would really get out of hand if we just had a boring day at home. But as I lay in bed trying to find the energy to get out of my bed, a whole slew of ideas came to me to make it a great day for Sweet P and Little M.

First we had waffles for breakfast--one of their favorites, then we did violin practice (not the most fun, but necessary), then a walk to the park, followed by playing at the park, then lunch, then naps (again more of a necessity than a fun activity), then snacks, and then we played games.

And of course, all of this was interrupted multiple times by me needing to feed, change, and take care of BB. But during those times the kids were happy to entertain themselves.

So, when we sat down to dinner after HH came home he asked them what we did today. Sweet P's response was today's Joyful Moment: "We had lots of fun."

Then she filled him in on what that fun entailed, but the fact that that was her initial response made the whole day worth it. Because, sadly, it was kind of a lot of work for this tired mama.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments filled with lots and lots of fun!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Well,...I have really had a difficult time really taking the time to remember Joy because I've just been so sick along with the rest of my family. But, Ryan came home and gave me a great big hug and the protection and love I felt would have to be the joyful moment to my day. To simple things...