Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 75: Timing

Now that the weather is getting nicer and there is more to do again, we're hitting some issues with Sabbath observance. Yesterday a few different things came up that Sweet P wanted do, but I didn't feel would be very appropriate for worshiping on Sunday.

So, today's Joyful Moment came when I opened up the book we are using for our Family Home Evening lessons and discovered that the lesson we're on was all about keeping the Sabbath day holy. And I felt gratitude in knowing that Heavenly Father was aware of us and our needs. See, we should have had that lesson two weeks ago, but two weeks ago we planted our garden together instead. And last week we had a lesson about what it will be like to have a new baby and how we should treat him.

But I don't think it was any coincidence that we had this lesson tonight. I know it was a help from Heavenly Father for an issue that I've been concerned over. After the lesson we got a good discussion going with the kids and started to make a list of good things to do on Sundays and things to leave for other days. And then we completely digressed, but they stayed focused for a little while. And we made progress on the issue.

And I think it might have also been a gentle message from my Heavenly Father that He is aware of me and my needs and that His timing is better for me than what I might think I want/need (i.e. giving birth ASAP).

Wishing you all Joyful Moments of feeling Divine love and assistance.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

So interesting...our lesson was going to be on Keeping the Sabbath and felt prompted this morning to change it to Honesty. It turned out great, and I hope that my children remember it when temptation to be dishonest knocks on their door. That was my joyful moment.

Laura Chapman said...

I just got caught up on your blog and I wanted to know how wonderful I think it is. I got behind on reading blogs at the end of last year and just never thought about catching up on this one since I had gotten so far behind. But last week I started reading it and went all the way back to the beginning of the year. I really like your Joyful Moments idea. Some days are really hard on me as a working mom but now I'm going to try and look for those Joyful Moments that I know are there but get blocked out by the hard things. Thank you again for sharing these personal joys with us and reminding me of the joys in life!

Meg said...

Mine was reading a great new book- "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"- I reccomend it, and I'm not even done with it yet!