Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 82: Move Over Rubber Ducky

That's right--I have a new bath buddy. Lavender and chamomile sugar scrub from Bath & Body Works. I've always loved sugar scrubs, but never actually purchased one for myself.

Until today. I had a coupon and I decided that being 9 months pregnant merited a bit of a splurge for myself anyway. Not that it was a huge splurge, I just get really weird about money when I'm preggems.

Anyway, I've never been a big fan of baths. Except maybe when I was 3, but I don't remember back that far. Normally, I struggle sitting still with nothing to do for that long. Plus, I have dry skin, so sitting in hot water is not the best idea. But this stuff is oil-based and massaging it into my skin gave me something to do. Plus, it smelled like heaven.

Or at least, it smelled like calm. Which is something today was seriously lacking in. To put it nicely, today was quite dreadful. With several moments that were entirely too intense for me. And none of it involved giving birth--making it that much worse.

So, I took a bath. And made myself relax enough to experience a Joyful Moment. And I'm so glad I did.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments brought by worthwhile splurges and/or a little pampering!

No comments: