Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 929: First Day

Hard to believe, but this was my first day being home alone with all four children.

And we all survived.  Mostly, it went well.

We even managed to make it to the gym this morning.  I can't leave (nor do I want to) Darling A until six weeks, but the older kids needed to get out.  So, I dropped Sweet P and Little M off at the child care to play and I took a little walk with Baby B in the stroller and Darling A in the Moby wrap.

It was quite the adventure.  A hot and humid (and thus, sweaty) one.

But Baby B and I had some fun bonding time, uninterrupted by older siblings.  And we had a good time.

Little M and Sweet P seemed to really enjoy themselves as well.

All in all, probably a Joyful Moment for all.  Except maybe Darling A who just got quite sweaty, but took a nice nap in spite of it all.

My real Joyful Moment happened this evening.  We had just wrapped up a nice Family Home Evening about being an instrument in the hands of the Lord--made easier by using the kids violins as a visual.  HH and the older kids headed down to play a bit of the Wii.  Before being able to join them, I sat for a moment with Darling A who had just finished eating and was now fast asleep.  With my finger grasped firmly in her tiny hand.  When I tried to slip it out, so I could join the others downstairs, she only gripped it harder.  I know she was asleep and it was only reflexive, but it still made me feel good.  And needed.


Again, not from today, but another time that she spontaneously grabbed my hand and held on.  I love this reflex!

I love my little Darling A.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments when something so tiny can make you feel so great!

No comments: