Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 339: Counting By Tens

First off, some clarification--HH called Sweet P "lobster baby" because she turned red every time she screamed like that.

Okay, so I got to take cookies into Sweet P's Kindergarten class today.  They were supposed to be cupcakes, but it's a long story about why they didn't work out and it's starting to feel like I'll never make it to bed tonight and I really need to make it to bed tonight because the whole house is sick.  Suffice it to say, I brought cookies and everyone was happy.

And the teacher invited me to stay for a bit, so I got to watch Sweet P in action.  They were learning how to count by 10's.  I don't remember learning that in Kindergarten, but this class is.  And it was so great watching Sweet P learn and grasp new concepts.  She's amazing.

And it was a Joyful Moment.

And then I had another Joyful Moment tonight when I ran a silly errand, only to completely forget the whole point of the errand at home (a coupon that expires tonight).  I started to be bugged with myself, but then realized that I had seemed to bring quite a bit of comfort to the cashier through the conversation we shared.  And I began to think that maybe my time and effort had not been a waste after all.  And it turned into a Joyful Moment.

Plus, I figured another way to simplify my life (my main focus the last week)--I'm cutting CVS out of my life.  At least for the next little while.  It just isn't worth it.

I feel better.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that make you feel better!

1 comment:

Linda said...

My joy today was staying home and enjoying doing things around the house rather than running around so I applaud your decision. love you!