Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 363: Freedom!

So, technically, today's Joyful Moment should have been posted three days ago.  That is when Baby B officially mastered the Sippy.  But it's brought me equal amounts of Joyful Moments in the days following. I still feel like I'm having nursing issues every now and again, but the boy absolutely refuses to drink from a bottle.  So, it makes me really nervous.

And, I'll be honest, it makes me feel a little shackled.  He is totally dependent on me and, until recently, there was no end in sight.  We'd been working on the sippy cup for at least a month and I was beginning to wonder if he would just never accept anything besides, um, me.  He'd coerce liquid out of the cup, he just wouldn't drink it.

But then all the sudden he started drinking from his sippy cup, like a pro.  And I was so happy, I might have danced the Sippy Slurp Jig.  I'm still nursing him, it's just good to know that I have options.  In case of an emergency, you know.  Or, a Girls' Weekend.  Or, whatever.

Options are good.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments full of plenty of options!

1 comment:

Linda said...

He's growing up - Are you okay with that?

Today started out kind of down, but turned into a GREAT day. I got my haircut by the same gal who I went to with you and your sis and I love it again. I finally made time to get the first of the Hep B vaccine series (very very sore arm). I went to the temple with my ward family. And someone else brought my HH home from the airport so I didn't have to navigate in the dark. YEA!!!