Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 367: Ice Cold Beauty

While "ice storm" doesn't exactly fill me with joy--


What it does to drab, dreary, dead winter trees does.


I just think it's so pretty.  And it always leaves me a little bit in awe.  Does it effect anyone else like this?

At any rate, that is today's Joyful Moment.  But getting these photos definitely was not.  I'd just returned home from waiting for Sweet P's bus for over 15 minutes.  I was seriously afraid I was going to have parts of my cheeks and nose removed for frostbite damage!  And my hand about fell off since it was gloveless and exposed to take these shots.  So, you don't get to see how really cool each blade of grass looks like after a full day of ice storm.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are warm and toasty!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I super-enlarged the lower photo; it looks lacy. I'm glad you found something so productive to do while you froze. Do they make some kind of glove/hand warmer that you can plug in for a few minutes and it will stay charged while you're out there?

Whenever I'm freezing outside, I think about the handcart pioneers and try to appreciate what they experienced so courageously for what they believed. You'd have been one of those pioneers...

My joy was going to see "The Foreigner" with my HH this evening. Somehow being able to see live drama makes us still feel connected to New York, and this performance was done soooo well. We laughed outloud almost continuously, and it was very therapeutic. Art & Sandy joined us and came over for brownies and ice cream afterward, making it even more enjoyable.