Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 354: Roller Derby

As much as I would LOVE to be a part of that (seriously, I would), I was reminded tonight of just how ill at ease I am in a pair of skates.

Sweet P's school sponsored a skate night at the local roller rink, so of course, we took advantage.  And that was my Joyful Moment tonight.  I sat with Baby B on the side and watched HH try to help the kids skate around and around and around most of the time.  Although, HH did make sure I was able to get in a few laps.  Which was when I was reminded of my lack of grace and coordination and any other skill required to move on wheels.  The kids did alright.  Sweet P especially made great progress as the night wore on.

And then they scored some free treats in one of the games they do at these types of events.  That made them pretty happy.

But the sweetest Joyful Moment was probably watching Sweet P and Little M head back out for one last lap around.  They started out holding and hands and it was just the sweetest little thing.

I love my babies.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments with all the aggression of a Roller Derby Queen!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I thought you were pretty decent on your roller blades...

My joy was in going to the temple with your dad. And miraculously getting into the 7:30 p.m. session when we left our home at 7:08. I still can't figure out how that happened, but it made your father delighted.