Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 342: Untimely Giggles

Baby B seems to be on a hunger strike--again.  That seems to be one of the hazards of having an overly-entertaining older brother.  It figures that the one baby I've actually enjoyed nursing is the one baby who has given me the most struggles with it.  We're finally over all of the allergies, re-built my milk supply twice, and now he's just too busy to be interested.

So, today I banned Little M from the room while I was trying to nurse Baby B.  But then I brushed my hand against his tummy and he was positive that I was trying to tickle him.  And he giggled.  So, of course, I looked down at him and smiled.  To which he giggled again.  That made me giggle.  And, of course, that made him giggle some more.  I tried to re-engage his interest in getting some lunch, but to no avail.  As stressed and frustrated as I am with the nursing situation, his beautiful giggles were more than I could resist and it was a Joyful Moment.

Fast forward to nap time--I was trying to get both boys settled in their beds.  But Mr. Giggles persisted in finding everything hilarious.  And more giggles ensued, this time from both boys.  I tried to be stern, but with their sweet little giggles filling the air, it was wasted effort.  It was a Joyful Moment for a moment sharing in their giggles.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments in spite of yourself!

4 comments:

Christy said...

How did you re-build your milk supply? Email me...I think mine is seriously going downhill.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Linda said...

Reading and imagining these cute sounds were the source of my joy on the day you posted this - thanks! It was just what I needed.

Linda said...

Reading and imagining these cute sounds were the source of my joy on the day you posted this - thanks! It was just what I needed.