Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 351: Cool, Calm, and Under Control

I had a "Girls' Day Out" today with a bunch of girl friends.  Shopping in the big city and lunch to celebrate three birthdays.  Good eats, even better chats, and some great deals at the stores ($17 for a cute pencil skirt at Banana Republic!).  It was a day full of Joyful Moments.

And then walking in the door to discover HH washing the dishes after taking care of everyone and everything (he even took the kids swimming!) all day was a huge Joyful Moment.  Until Baby B turned and saw me.  He had been sitting in his high chair content to munch on some cereal.  But then he saw my face and let me know just how he felt about me deserting him for a day (we've never been away from each other for so long!).  But finally, just before bed tonight, after nursing a few times for a really long time, he gave me lots of great smiles and let me know he was glad I was home, too.  Joyful Moment!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments with really cute pencil skirts involved!

1 comment:

Linda said...

We went x-country skiing at Beaver Creek for the first time in almost 20 years. Lots of fun for 2 1/2 hours, except for one great fall while I was trying to learn a new skill. No pencil skirts involved, and still joyful... :)