Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 1130: The Curse Of The Antibiotic


Can't believe I forgot this (the dangers of getting behind in my posting), but we also had some friends over for dinner last night.  They are a really sweet young family and just down-to-earth, generous people.  HH and I have been wanting to do something for them for a while.  So, we had dinner and HH was able to help them with their taxes a bit.  It was a really nice evening.

Darling A is still taking the antibiotic for last week's diagnosed pneumonia.  It's pretty strong and has caused some very unwanted side effects to her digestive system.  This morning it must have overwhelmed her system completely because when I went to get her from her crib, she was calmly lying in a puddle of vomit.

So sad.  And so gross.

So, I did a bunch of laundry.  Which lead to breaking out the steam vac for the carpet.  Because (I forgot to tell you) we no longer have a dog.  And if I was going to wash dog fur (among other things) off of the bedding, I didn't want it getting all mucked up again from the all fur in the carpet.

(Don't worry, Z is fine.  She hasn't been getting the attention she needs for a while and we found a family that seemed absolutely thrilled to have her and love and dote on her, plus they have another dog.  We miss her, but take comfort in the knowledge that she should be much happier in her new home.  And that we will eventually stop finding dog hairs in and on everything we own.)

An interesting day.  But, it was good to be busy with mindless tasks.  And my house feels much cleaner, which is always nice.

And it was the last day for the cursed antibiotic.  Hallelujah!

No comments: