Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 425: April Fool's!

I made a version of this for dinner, only using my meatloaf recipe.  And this for dessert.

Little M helped me bake the cakes and I told him we were eating cake for dinner.  He was beside himself with excitement.  Then he said that we'd better eat really healthy veggies and fruit with it, to make up for the lack of nutrition in the cake.

We told Sweet P about the cake for dinner when she got home from school and she made a similar comment and was equally excited.

And I began to feel a little guilty.  And worried that it could end up quite disastrous.  But they took the hoax quite well.  They actually ate it better than they've ever eaten meatloaf before.  And they don't typically like mashed potatoes either!  Maybe I should begin making dinner in the form of dessert more often?

The looks on their faces (pleasant surprise) when we cut into the "cake" was my Joyful Moment.  And we all got a good laugh out of the Kitty Litter dessert.  Little M summed it up quite well when he exclaimed, "Delicious poop!" after the first bite.

While I do try to keep things in check, we are not above crude humor in our home.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are not above a little crude humor!

2 comments:

Linda said...

They sounded soooo excited about fooling daddy. What a fun mama they have!

I'm sad - a week ago my home was filled with family. Today it's empty. My joy is in all the memories we made - Thanks for traveling so far to see us. Miss you!

Positive Thoughts said...

Love lifts us up where we belong. God bless you. Read interesting posts on my blog and share them with your friends. You can also support my by visiting my sponsors by clicking on one of the ads.