Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 446: Earth Day, Baby

That's what I have.  An Earth Day baby.  A baby who thinks he can just grow up.  It's sad.  But really it's not.  But a little bit it is.

Baby B turned a year old today.  And the day was full of Joyful Moments.  Seeing him smile over the various little things I did to make the day extra special for him.  Making this cake for him.


(The hand was not quite so freakishly pink in real life).  He is a thumb sucker through and through, so that is what he got for his cake.  I was kind of really proud of the rest of it, too.  This was my first time covering an entire cake in fondant.  It's not perfectly smooth as I rolled it a bit too thin, but I'm still pleased with the results.

Back to the Joyful Moments:

HH arriving home from work early in honor of his birthday.  Laughing at the monkeys at the zoo with him.  Snuggling him.  Having him devour three pieces of French Toast (I always make the kids' favorite meal for their birthday.  But for the first one I have to guess.  It looks like I guessed correctly!).  Watching him make a mess of his piece of cake.  The multitude of gifts and cards Sweet P made for him.  Snuggling him after his bath.

And as a final, bittersweet Joyful Moment--reminiscing while looking at a bunch of these:


Okay, now my heart is breaking just a little bit.  I need a newborn to hold!  With a fuzzy head to rub!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are so perfect, your heart breaks, just a little bit in the remembering of them!

2 comments:

Linda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG BOY! what a cake you have! what a talented mommy you have!

Our day ended with an Easter concert by the Mormon Tabernacle Chorale in the tabernacle. It was just the right way to start the Easter weekend. It helped us feel the greatest joy - the joy that comes because we have a Savior.

Melanie said...

Fun! You did a great job. You've got me in the mood for cake. :) Happy Birthday to Mr. cuteness.