Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 439: Two Thumbs Up!

I have been fretting over Baby B's birthday cake for weeks now.  I always do a cake of whatever they are really into at the time.  For Sweet P's first birthday it was the Baby Einstein caterpillar.  For Little M it was a cake of Sweet P's face--he has always adored her!  But for Baby B I really couldn't think of what to do besides one very inappropriate idea.  I am his favorite thing and Sweet P suggested another face cake, but I just didn't really feel like doing that.

So, I've been all over the internet and I borrowed 4 or 5 books from the library, but nothing felt right!  I know, way too much effort and thought over a cake that the recipient won't remember and the rest of us will just gobble up anyway.  But for whatever reason, it's a big deal to me.

Today's Joyful Moment came when I was sharing my woes with some friends and one suggested a "Thumb Cake".  And I just knew that that was it.  You know when everything just clicks and feels totally right?  That's what I'd been waiting for, and now I had it.  I still can't believe I never thought of that since his thumb is always in his mouth, but I am so glad my friend did!  Now, I have to figure out how to make it without making a cake that's too freaky to eat!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that deserve two thumbs up!

1 comment:

Linda said...

We all look forward to photos of that cake.

Today I went with your little sis to the Tulip Festival, where we saw <10% of the tulips in bloom. We still enjoyed the beautiful grounds and some relaxing time together, not to mention the passes we received to return another day. :)