Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 447: Gone Fishin'

After all the festivities were over last night, HH left for a little overnight fishing trip with some buddies.  I was happy for him to have some "man time", but missed him, of course.

And then this morning was one of those in which everything kind of goes wrong.  But I gave myself a little pep talk and was determined to still be cheerful and able to laugh it off when HH arrived home in the afternoon.

When the kids and I got home from the gym shortly before noon, we were all too distracted to notice HH's car in the garage.  It wasn't until I walked in and saw his phone and wallet setting on the counter that I realized it and what it all meant.

And that was my Joyful Moment.  Having my HH home several hours earlier than expected was a wonderful surprise.  And it probably helped me to remain positive in light of the day's events.  And then the rest of the day went better, as it always does when we're together.

I love my HH.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments of unexpected early arrivals!

1 comment:

Linda said...

We went to Jennifer's for dinner - OH MY! Talk about delicious! Cream of asparagus soup, honey mustard chicken, real strawberry shortcake. OH MY! And to top all that, we had a great visit with her, Jeremiah, and Anthony. And we got to see Emery for the first time in too long. What a doll. And then Jennifer shared with me one of her bazillion talents - She's piecing an intricate quilt together PERFECTLY! It was quite a joyful evening.