Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 445: Cake Bakery

Did I tell you about the odd taste shift I experienced a month or so ago?  I lost my adoration for brownies completely and now find myself craving cake.  All the time.  I've never really been a cake fan.  This is weird.

But I've been anticipating excuses to bake cakes ever since.  A sad excuse is coming up tomorrow.  I'll tell you what it is tomorrow.  But I've been really excited about the cake.  So I searched and researched and found a recipe that looked good and made a cake from scratch.  This is not the first time I've done this, but this is the most technical I've ever been about it and I'm really excited to taste the results!  The batter had the most amazing consistency!  It was perfectly elegant.  As elegant as cake batter can be, at any rate.

And it was my Joyful Moment.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments elegant in their consistency!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I can't wait to see what you've come up with! btw, I tried an experiment yesterday - combining 1 cake mix and 1 brownie mix w/ all their ingredients and sprinkling chocolate chips on top before baking - It turned out so delicious!

My joy today was that I actually had some assignments on my schedule at the temple, rather than just being trained. It was great!