Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 157: Finger-Lickin' AMAZING!

For all intents and purposes, today should have been an awful day.

Yesterday was rotten and I went to bed in the lowest of lows. In fact, I last night's post was originally a list of all my woes entitled "Poopy". But my mama reads this blog and she doesn't like that word. So, I decided to spare you the whine and just give you the cheese.

You know, because wine and cheese go well together? Or so I've been told. I wouldn't actually know because I don't drink wine. And of course, I can't have cheese any more either. So, the whole "wine and cheese" thing wouldn't really work out for me. Thanks anyway.

But the amazing thing is, today didn't stink.

In fact, it was pretty good.

First of all, it's Independence Day and the only thing I really do know is that I really don't know just how good I've got it because I live in this blessed free country. I've known freedom all my life, so I don't have a clue what it's like to not be allowed to say what I want, worship how and whom I want, live where I want, and to be able to experience Joyful Moments how, where, and when I like. I do know that I'm inexpressibly grateful for it all, though. And for all the amazing people who contributed to that, from George Washington to my uncle serving in Afghanistan. Thank you all!

And I think today's second Joyful Moment would have to go to... (drum roll, please)... Dinner! HH grilled some Ah-Mazing ribs. So yummy! And I made a delicious fruit salad, Jello decorated like a flag, and Parmesan and parsley corn on the cob. And we enjoyed Oreos for dessert. Some people also got to enjoy ice cream (sniff, sniff, wah). But the dinner was seriously so delicious and it was fun that we made it together. AND we ate it outside on our newish patio furniture, using our cushions, pillows, and patio dishes for the first time. So, it was a totally cute meal to boot. And it was just plain FUN.

I really enjoyed myself, in case you couldn't tell. It was a grrrrreat Joyful Moment!

Wishing you all the freedom to experience grrrrreat Joyful Moments!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your description of the meal is to good that my mouth is watering... and that's after eating a great dinner with your parmesan chicken recipe as the main dish. :) We'll be right over; hope you saved us some.

I'm glad you had a great day - Thanks for sharing your thoughts on appreciating our freedom. We are so blessed to live in this great country. I'm grateful for those who have given so much to allow us our freedoms and am trying do my part to ensure passing it on to my posterity.

Our joy was in having Scott, Amy, and family over for dinner, visiting, reading, walking Rocky, and blowing candles out on birthday brownies. (I won't mention the bunny tracks ice cream :)