Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 154: I Get A Thousand Hugs From 10,000 Lightning Bugs

Tonight we were invited to a Firefly Chasing party.

It was SO fun! Our friends provided cute jars, complete with name labels so no one freaked out when they lost theirs. We also had s'mores and a great time chatting with the other families there. My mom always told me about catching fireflies when she was young, but I'd never done it before.

Turns out it's pretty easy--once you get over your ridiculous fear of touching anything possessing more than four legs. Lightning bugs don't fly very quickly. And the flashing light on the bum is helpful in locating them, too.

The only thing is, fireflies only come out late at night. And today was laundry day. So, HH is upstairs putting bedding on the kids beds so we can put the kids in their beds.

It's a quarter to 11. P.M.

I must go. But this whole event tonight was totally a Joyful Moment. I was very much in need of something fun and some girl chat. And tonight I got both. Plus, it made my children very happy. Bonus!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that light up your life! Or at least the night.

1 comment:

Linda said...

How fun! I love love love fireflies! Joy today for our sweet realtor who went out of her way to help us with an offer on a house. She met us at my HH's worksite at 7:30 am. That's above and beyond her duties! She's a great realtor and a great person.