Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 584: Odds n' Ends

So, I should have posted this picture last night, because that is when our dinner guest gave them to me:


But looking at them all day has still been a source of multiple Joyful Moments.  I'm a sucker for flowers.

Today was the first day in quite some time that I haven't had any urgent obligations.  So, I began tackling the ever-growing list of non-urgent,  but still worthwhile tasks.

This included making about a thousand batches of pesto.  Give or take.


I should have taken a "Before" photo, but this is what my basil plant looked like "After" I used about 10 cups of it!  If you live near me, please come get some!

Making the pesto with my homegrown basil, handmade cheese and garlic from the CSA, and flax seeds substituted for the pine nuts was a super Joyful Moment.  As was eating a yummy pasta dish with some of the pesto used to make a creamy delicious sauce.

And, as if my day weren't full enough with these Joyful Moments, after dinner Little M called me to come outside and see this:


HH was watering the trees when Baby B commandeered the hose.  And was in absolute Baby Heaven.  We watched him play around with it for several minutes.  And it was a Joyful Moment for us all.  It's so fun to see a baby having fun with the simplest of things.

Good day.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and a good day!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Do I live too far away to have some basil? :)

Linda said...

Believe it or not, I made a slew of pesto today also - HOW COOL IS THAT!!! And I think I live closer to Mel than youdo, so maybe she'll come visit me to get some basil????

I never thought of using flax seeds - Send me an email with the recipe or post it on the recipe blog, please. And thank you!

Meg said...

Mom didn't mention that we also canned tomatoes and dilly beans (using Mel's recipe!) and pickles. Oh and froze a TON of leftover dill. Getting a million things done in only one day was my joyful moment. :)

Cheryl said...

Mel--You're never too far--as long as you're willing to drive!

Mom--Mel needs MY basil. And I love how in sync we are. Just wish we could have done it together.

Meg--Way to go! And ditto my comment to Mom.