Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 597: From Good To Better

This morning was okay.  It had its rough spots, but we managed.

But as the day progressed, the goodness progressed as well.

I'm pretty sure it helped that I was wearing cute new pants from my favorite store.

First, I started my first big service project in motion.  I've decided to host a bake sale as part of the Great American Bake Sale  to benefit the fight against hunger.  Just an email to see who else I can get involved, but I've gotten a pretty good response so far!  Joyful Moment!

Then I got my hair cut.  FINALLY!!!  For the last two weeks I've been driving HH nuts with my incessant "I hate my hair!" rants.  I had to go to a new hairdresser since my old one moved.  This is another friend of mine and she did fantastic and I love it.  So, that was a super Joyful Moment.

And then, I went to my first Parent/Teacher Conference with Sweet P's first grade teacher.  It was wonderful.  Sweet P is just one of those kids that is easy to love, so naturally, her teacher loves her.  She had everything good to say and more than once commented that she wished all of the other students could be more like her.  Music to a mama's ears!  Joyful Moment music, that is.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and days that get better as they go!

4 comments:

Amy said...

sorry to hear about your cancelled race...but after reading this post, I'd have to say you sure know how to make lemons into lemonade!

Melanie said...

I love you.

Linda said...

Looks like a great project - and a great idea.

I want to see your cute hair - mine is driving me crazy too.

My joy today - well, I got to listen to your brother give a talk at one of his alma mater's about applied mathematics. I would tell you more specifics if I understood them, but the truth is I was mostly clueless after his introduction. HOWEVER, he did such a great job, covering his subject with a thorough understanding, answering questions with clarity and expertise, and even adding humor throughout his presentation. I know I sound like proud mama (which I am - who can help it with my 5 amazing kids and their 5 amazing spouses?!) but I am so grateful that I was blessed with the opportunity to see and hear him at work.

Cheryl said...

Amy--Thanks!
Mel--I love you, too!
Mom--I wish I could have been there with you! I bet he did great! Not that any of us with normal-sized brains would ever know the difference... (c: