Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 598: Hanging On To Summer

This morning, against my better judgement, I joined some friends and headed to Boot Camp.  I just couldn't bring myself to do the elliptical, which is what I figured would be the gentlest for my foot.  But, I had some wishful thinking that moving around on it might be just what it needed.

Boot Camp was fun.  I haven't been in a while.  But the running parts were sorta painful, to be honest.

The awesomeness is--moving around is just what it needed.  Well, not just.  It still hurts pretty bad.  But it's not really feeling fractured-y any more.  And I think the swelling has gone down.  So, feeling less pain was a surprisingly good Joyful Moment as the day wore on and it loosened up even more.

Then tonight, I decided that we should enjoy the somewhat nice weather we're having and have one final fling eating out on the patio.  We really didn't do that enough this summer because it was so ridiculously hot.


These guys were all pretty excited for the spontaneous picnic.  And Baby B was excited to sit at the table like a big boy.  So cute.  Joyful Moments all around.


The hot dogs and brats didn't use up the last of the propane as I was hoping, so Little M and I decided to try to roast marshmallows.  It didn't work the best.  I held the lid closed and they at least melted, though.  Enough to be a Joyful Moment shared.

And we ran out of propane.  So, HH can get it re-filled and I can finally start grilling up some real stuff again!  Which, of course, leads to Joyful Moments for all of us.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments squeezed out of this last bit of summer for as long as it lasts!

No comments: