Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 592: Time To Tri

I went for a bike ride this morning.  Aside from being pitch black, FREEZING, and almost getting hit by a truck and its trailer, it was a delightful ride.


Seeing this just as I was arriving home made it a Joyful Moment.

But that isn't the Joyful Moment for today.

The Joyful Moment for today would be what inspired this early morning ride.

I signed up to do another triathlon!  It's a sprint distance this time, which is a good thing because it's a week from Saturday.  Not a lot of training time.

Coordinating and shifting my schedule to make this happen has been a pain in my patootie all week.  But that was when I realized just how much I wanted to do this.  And then when I finally committed and registered, I wanted to just get up and do a happy dance.

Instead, I IM'ed HH and told him I was SUPER excited.

And later called my friend who told me about the triathlon in the first place and will be doing it with me and we both were excited together.  Only, a hushed kind of excited because our kids were sleeping.

But that's okay.

I'm doing a race and I'm SUPER EXCITED!!!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that leave you SUPER excited--even if you have to keep the majority of the excitement on the inside!

4 comments:

Linda said...

How exciting!!! I just wish we lived close enough to come cheer you on! I wis you the best as you train and compete next week. love you!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Mom! I wish you were here to cheer me on, too!

Meg said...

Cheryl, I love how you give everyone some positive feedback. It made me want to comment on your blog. So I did.

Cheryl said...

Meg, you are fabulous!

And thanks for your comment. I realized that I'm always super happy to get comments here and so, I should let people know that!