Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 600: High Five For Hard Work

Baby B is still quite the walking tornado.  He is constantly getting into things, dragging stuff around the house, and leaving it wherever he wants.  Which sometimes includes outside, thanks to easy access via the doggie door.

Right after dumping his bowl of cereal on his head
This is slowly making me crazy.

So, today, I put my foot down.  He had just finished trashing Sweet P's room and was heading out to go wreak destruction elsewhere when I stopped him and turned him around.  Then I proceeded to point to an object and tell him to put it away.  Sometimes, I had to hold his hand to help him stay focused, but for the most part, he put it all away all by himself.  It was really cute to watch as he struggled to put a pillow back on her bed.  And I was really proud of him.

After each item was successfully put away we would do a "high five for hard work".  This invariably made him smile and he was eager to complete the next task.

This was today's Joyful Moment.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments complete with a "high five"!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Good for you, and Baby B too!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Becky!

Linda said...

Way to go!