Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 590: On The Mend

Once again, I've decided it's time to rearrange the way I organize and structure my life.  Thanks to my mom for some great ideas!

As a natural consequence, I've had the productivity bug all week.

Which, I guess has only been two days.  But with how much I've accomplished (and how little I've slept),  it feels like a lot more.


Hence, today's Joyful Moment.  I can see my sewing table again!  TA-DA!!!

Okay, I actually started on my mending last week.  And I may, or may not have thrown out several items of my mending when there was a clothing/scrap drive a few weeks ago for a local shelter.

But, the point is, I finished up my mending pile today!!!  One of the things in there has actually been in the mending pile since before we moved here 2 1/2 years ago.  Sad, I know.

But look back up at that picture.  There is absolutely nothing sad about that.

Except maybe the big stack of "parenting" CD's given to me by my chiropractor (after my kids ran around crazy in his office one day last year) that I know I'm never going to listen to.  So, for some reason, my sewing table has been their designated resting place.

But back to the sewing table and the Joy looking at it elicits.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that have been at least 3 years in coming!

4 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

I stopped by your blog today.
Ann

Cheryl said...

Welcome, Ann! I hope you'll stop by again!

Linda said...

I love the feeling of what you did!

This was one of those crazy days, but it all worked out. And I accomplished a lot before coming home and enjoying Knight Rider with my HH. Maybe spending time next to him was my most relaxing and enjoyable part of the day.

Cheryl said...

I know that feeling--especially at the end of a crazy day. I'm glad you guys have each other!