Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 591: Curtain Call

We've lived here for 2 1/2 years and I haven't hung any curtains.

Gasp!

In my defense, all but one of our windows have beautiful wood blinds and I just really like the look of them and see no reason to cover them up.

But the basement window has no blinds.  And it's our guest room.  So, it kind of needs some coverage.  We've been using a fuzzy blanket hung with binder clips.

Classy.  It's the only way we do things around here.

A few weeks ago, a friend asked me if I wanted some curtains she was replacing--not because they were worn out, but because she wanted a new color scheme.  She actually decorates her house.  Weird.

So, I took them.

Today, I hung them.

And all was right with the world.

They make me very happy.  So, it was my Joyful Moment.  And every time I look at them, it's repeated.  Along with a sigh of relief.

Because we have a guest coming and I wanted to have curtains for her.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are repeatable!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I got to visit teach 2 new sisters who I am really going to enjoy getting to know better.

Cheryl said...

Yay for friendships that come from visiting teaching!