Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 1003: Who Did You Wake Up Next to?



This is sort of an awkward angle.  That's because I took this photo with my left hand and that is my right arm there in the middle of the photo.  Under that adorable chubby, sleeping face.

She actually slept quite well on her own all night.  But, when she finally did wake up to eat, it was too cold in the tent to feed her anywhere else, but snuggled in my sleeping bag.  And it was so cozy, she promptly fell asleep.

And I can tell you one thing, she is a sweetheart to snuggle on a chilly morning!

Honestly, everyone slept remarkably well.  Except for the enthusiastic, drunk sports fan a few sites over who couldn't stop loudly proclaiming his devotion to his team from about 12-1 AM.  That was awesomeness.

Eventually, we braved the cold and got out of bed.  HH generously loaned me his jacket, since mine had somehow not made the trip.  We had a yummy breakfast and a nice warm fire, again provided by HH.  And then it warmed up enough that the kids decided it would be a good idea to go for a swim.

We didn't expect them to last long, so neither HH nor I got into our suits.  But, all three actually had a lot of fun and insisted it wasn't too cold.  The boys couldn't venture out as far as Sweet P wanted to, though and she was quite disappointed that her daddy didn't want to join her in this polar bear plunge.

Now, there aren't too many things of this nature that HH won't do but I will.

This, however, is one.  I grew up swimming and have braved many bodies of cold water myself.  So, I put on my suit and headed out with my little adventurous princess.  I hope she listened well when HH told her, "You have the BEST mommy in the whole world!"  He was a little surprised that I was actually willing to do this.

Honestly, it wasn't all that bad and it was fun to get in a little bonding time with our Daddy's Girl.

Eventually, we got out and got everything packed up and headed home.

After 6 or 7 loads of laundry and a shower, I felt much better.

And then we joined Sam's Club.  I'm not sure that was a Joyful Moment since I don't approve everything it stands for, but it seemed like a good idea anyway.  I guess I'm not above a little hypocrisy.

No comments: