Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 996: Fitness

Started the day off with  yoga again.  You really can't go wrong there.  Especially when the instructor is in town and there is no risk of having to teach unexpectedly.

There is a rock wall at our gym.  HH decided it was time for the kids to give it a go.  So, I snuck out of yoga for a bit to take a peak.  It was fun to watch Little M trying hard.  He doesn't always like to try hard at anything.  And I guess HH had to bribe him a bit with some ice cream.  Sweet P rose to the challenge and made it all the way to the top of the easiest course.  I'm so proud of her!  A Joyful Moment in hearing that, for sure.

After lunch and some down time, HH took the kids out to ride bikes while I went shopping.  By myself.  Not for groceries.  That was  Joyful Moment in so many ways!  Since my birthday party was a bust, I decided to spend a little of the money that would have gone to that on myself instead.  I'm way overdue for some new workout clothes.  And since I work out six days a week, I feel completely justified here.

That was fun.  I went a little overboard and had about 20 things to try on, I think.  Don't worry, I didn't get them all.  Just the ones that fit all the major criteria--comfortable, practical, and on sale.  Except for a pair of running tights.  They were not on sale, but they were so comfortable.  I've had my other running tights for 15 years.  That is half of my life, friends.  Again, I felt completely justified in making that purchase.

And I'm almost excited for it to turn cold, just so I can run in them.  That probably makes me more than a little bit weird.  But the anticipation of it is a Joyful Moment for me, anyway.


I came home to this.  The kids rode their bikes the whole time I was gone.  HH is such a great daddy and husband.  He made this little ramp for the kids and they love it.  They watched a motor cross thing while with their grandparents and now have great aspirations.  This ramp makes them feel SO cool.  And it has given Little M the motivation he needed to finally master his bike riding skills and he is doing so great!  I'm so proud of him.  And my HH for finding a method for this.

HH and I played a game tonight.  He won.  It was his first time ever beating me in that game (Dominion).  I wish I could say I was happy for him.  But then, I wouldn't be me. (c:

Wishing you all Joyful Moments in which you are entirely you!

2 comments:

Linda said...

It sounds like you had a fun day. It was busy around here too, and I enjoyed myself all day. My HH found a sailing buddy - a son of a family he home teaches - and that made me happy too.

Cheryl said...

We did. And I'm glad you did, too. I wish I could be Dad's sailing buddy... (c: