Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 993: Eat Pie and Be Well

HH gave me a priesthood blessing last night because I was in so much pain and discomfort I didn't know how I could possibly sleep.  A few hours in, I felt the fever finally break and I was able to sleep a bit.

I woke up this morning feeling a billion times better!  You can imagine what a great Joyful Moment that was.  Why are fevers so painful?

Anyway, I knew I still needed to play it smart and not jump right back into things, so I took Z for a short walk this morning instead of my originally scheduled pace run.  It was kind of sad to just walk, but I was feeling very tired and a little sicker by the end of it, so I know it was a good thing I didn't do more.  It about drove poor Z crazy to walk past the squirrels so slowly, though.

Tonight a bunch of my friends were gathering at Village Inn for free pie and to say "good bye" to one friend moving away and "happy birthday" to another.  I didn't feel totally up to going, but I wanted to let both friends know that I care, so I went for a little while.  Although, it ended up being a longer little while than I intended because the waitress was quite overwhelmed by our large group and I didn't get my check until much later than I'd wanted it.

Still, it was a Joyful Moment.  I love my friends and talking with them is always fun.  And they are kind and don't seem to mind that I really do talk too much.  They love me anyway.  I am truly blessed.


This is what I came home to.  Poor Darling A seems to have a milder case of what I have, so when she was sound asleep before I left, I thought it would be best to just leave her home and in her own bed.  Unfortunately, she didn't stay sound asleep and HH had to study for an upcoming exam.  So, they had some father-daughter bonding time.  I thought this was pretty cute.  He said she'd been content this way for about 40 minutes, but of course, once she saw I was home, she started fussing for some more attention.  Cute little girl.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and wellness!

No comments: