Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 1017: Fakin' It

I did that all day.  And today was much better than yesterday.

I was reminded during my morning prayer of some vitamin supplements I took last year when my health was really struggling, so I decided to start that up again and see if it helps.

And HH came with me to yoga.  That always makes it that much more enjoyable for me.

Then I showed the kids the Halloween costumes I bought for them.  It pained me to actually buy costumes because I've always really enjoyed making them, but I knew that was way beyond my capacity this year.

And watching them delightedly racing around in their Star Wars disguises was a lot of fun.

This evening I went to a potluck at the church before a broadcast for all the women.  It was great chatting with my friends and watching them hold and love my baby girl.  The messages in the broadcast were nice, too.  I was a tad distracted by my little bundle of joy and also, still not quite emotionally prepared for serious thoughts and discussion, so I'm going to have to go back and read all of the messages when I'm in a better place.

But, it was still nice.

2 comments:

Meg said...

have you ever tried red raspberry leaf? i recommend it. :)

Linda said...

Oh, the Star Wars costumes must have been a HUGE hit for those kiddos. That sounds like a great investment in happiness. It sounds like you've had some rough times lately. I think you'll really appreciate those talks sometime in the future. At least, that's happened to me before.

I had some good JM's today and yesterday - Amy's family was here and I love grandma and mom moments. One of my JM's is that my HH and I cleaned the outside of the windows on the front of our home and I'm no longer embarrassed to open our blinds when company is here. :)