Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 1012: Rock Stars

A friend has to take her little boy to the Children's Hospital tomorrow for tests.  I know how yucky that can be, so I called her this morning to tell her I'll be bringing her dinner tomorrow.  I know it's a small thing among all her other concerns, but it's the one I can help with.  And hearing the relief in her voice was a Joyful Moment for me.

Enough to offset the nagging little voice in the back of my head reminding me that I can barely manage to get dinner for my own family on the table many nights.

The rest of the day went okay.  There were some stresses and Darling A still isn't allowing me to get much sleep, so I was on rocky ground by the time HH arrived home.  We ate a quick dinner and hurried off to the gym, so he and the oldest two could take a rock climbing class while the rest of us watched on.

I forgot my camera again and haven't yet gotten the pictures I took with HH's phone, but there was some pretty impressive climbing.  All three made it to the top of at least one course.  It was a Joyful Moment watching how proud they were.  Especially Little M.  He didn't make it all the way to the top until his very last attempt (he may have received a little boost from the belayer).  I was so proud of him for his persistence!

Then I rushed off to do some grocery shopping.  Baby B has become a full fledged nightmare to shop with.  Not a Joyful Moment, but nice to do on my own.

Here's hoping for some sleep so I can face tomorrow a little better!

3 comments:

Linda said...

My JM was your phone call this morning - I love you!

Amy said...

My JM was watching my girls faces as they came out of TaVaci (a singing/dancing class they just started) with big smiles on thier faces and full of stuff to tell me on the way home. I love that.

Cheryl said...

Mom--It was great talking to you too!

Amy--I wish I could be there to see them! I'm sure they look great!