Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 1011: From The Mouth of Babes

This morning we had what we call "The Primary Program".  Where our main meeting of worship is taught predominantly by the children.  Through songs they've been working on all year and small speaking parts they've memorized.

Since the front row is made up of 3, 4, and 5 years olds it is always adorable.  There are a lot of funny parts when you involve children that young.  But, also a lot of touching, moving, and spiritual parts.  The Savior did admonish us to become like a child--in the way that they are meek and submissive and so willing to be taught.  This program is always a good reminder of that.

Sweet P and Little M both took part.  They did wonderfully.  I was especially proud of Little M.  We found out on Monday that through some glitch they hadn't been taught two of the songs.  We worked on them throughout the week and while they both made progress, Little M knew almost every single word of the two songs come this morning!  I was really proud of him for trying so hard.

After church, we had the missionaries over for dinner.  Dinner had been a little stressful for me, but everything turned out nicely and tasted yummy.  So, I was happy.  We got to eat it outside since it was such a beautiful day.  Slightly dampened by the two wasps that wouldn't leave the kids' little picnic table alone.

But, we decided to splurge a little bit since we were having guests and I made another pan of cookie bars.  They were divine.  I restrained myself and only had one, since I am supposed to be completely off of such sweets.  This way, every bite was enjoyed, but I really didn't feel guilty.  Or sick. (c:

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love the primary program - ours in next week. My JM's today were visiting with your grandparents and your sweet aunt and uncle. AND beating my HH in a game of pool!!!

Cheryl said...

Enjoy it!