Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 1058: Thank Goodness For Mornings

Today was sort of a frenzied day.

The morning rush was just a bit more chaotic than usual and it just went on from there.  I was doing my best and handling things alright though.  It just was taking extra effort.

I had another therapy session this morning where I explained that I wanted to totally switch up the goals I'm working on there.  Don't worry, I'm still working on my kindness goals--it's just that I feel confident in my ability to work on those on my own.  After giving it some thought throughout the week, I came up with some goals a lot more applicable to the reason I'm there in the first place.  The first one is finally disciplining myself enough to go to bed at a reasonable time consistently.

I'm excited.

Anyway, the rest of the day continued on in the way of the morning.  I struggled through and was able to stay just above the line.  But then, I had a serious set back.  It's a long story, but we're having some conflict with some neighbors and it's weird because we've never actually spoken to them before.  We have no issue with them, but there has been a bit of a misunderstanding apparently.  I've been trying since yesterday afternoon to go over and explain that no offense was intended, but gotten a weird reception each time and never been able to talk to an adult at the home.  And after the third try tonight, I couldn't take it any more.  It was stressful every time I tried to go over and I had to kind of psych myself up and remind myself that everything was okay but it's scary talking to someone who doesn't know me and yet, is incredibly upset with me.

Long story a little less long--I wrote a note and sent HH over to try and talk to them one more time, or tape the note to the door.  HH ended up being able to talk with the husband over there and got everything sorted out and now, I think we probably should start being a little more social with them, so they'll just talk to us before getting upset the next time (hopefully, there won't be a next time!).

In the meantime of my frazzledness, Darling A was just kind of fussy and ornery tonight.

Not like her usual self at all.  AT. ALL.

I was struggling so much to stay okay that it took me a little while to really tune into this, rather than just be annoyed by it.  But, when I finally did, I noticed that she was staring with as much jealousy as a sweet little baby is capable of at my dinner each time it rose up to my mouth and went in.

So, we did this.  I was planning on waiting a couple more weeks until 6 months, but she clearly was ready.  She did great.  We didn't even get a really great picture because she pretty much took to it like an old pro.  She downed two servings (of only 2 or 3 tablespoons each, but still!).

And then, she was so giggly and happy.  I've never had a baby be that demanding of the first meal.  I love watching her little personality peep through.  So fun.  She seems to be taking after her mama more and more all the time.  A little demanding?  Check.  Super interested in food?  Check!

Anyway, I'm happy with myself for fighting so hard today.  But, I'm also so glad that it's almost bedtime and I can wake up tomorrow and start fresh.


Meg said...

please tell me your early bed time plans. we NEED to do this at our house too. love you!

Linda said...

Darling A is growing up MUCH too quickly!

Cheryl said...

Meg--It goes like this: Drop everything at 9:30 so you have 1/2 hour to get ready for bed (and take care of other little things you forgot). Go to bed at 10. To help w/this: Put your husband in charge--he can send a text if you are not together at 9:30. Don't let him start a conversation at 10:30 that will last until 11:30. That is unhelpful. Good luck!

Mom--I KNOW!!! So not fair. I keep telling her to stop, but so far, she hasn't listened. No idea where she gets that from...