Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 1078: Where Are You Christmas?

Little M came into my room this morning and asked, "When Dad gets out of the shower can we unwrap presents?"

I was a little confused, but in a couple of moments, I realized that he was even more confused.  Poor guy!  He thought it was Christmas Day!

It was a little sad, but I had a hard time stifling a laugh about it at the same time.

It was kind of a busy day, trying to get unpacked and get everything ready for our big Christmas Eve dinner--not to mention the big day tomorrow!

I kind of overdid things, as far as my foot was concerned.  Fortunately, HH came home early from work and after I finished all of the grocery shopping, he stepped in and stepped up once again.  He made our traditional Christmas Eve clam chowder, while I made the cinnamon rolls for tomorrow's breakfast.  Something I've never done while sitting, but it turned out to be okay.

And the soup was delicious!  Even if we almost forgot to add the clams!

Then it was time to read the Nativity story while the kids acted it out, and I'll be honest, I was a little at the end of my rope by this time and not as much in the Christmas Spirit as I would have liked to have been.  But, we made it through.  Had some spiritual moments and I was in a better mood by the end of it.

Then the kids opened their Christmas jammies and promptly put them on.


This always helps speed up the process of getting them to bed.

A little.

Anyway, I'm definitely feeling the Christmas Spirit now and I'm so excited for tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You post made me feel happy.