Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day 1079: I Wouldn't Change A Thing

Today was so beautiful.

I think I mentioned that a few weeks ago, my therapist had me write down what a perfect Christmas would look like for me.  And that helped me realize how unattainable my previous Christmas-Day-Expectations were.  So, I revised.

And I got great results.

It turns out that deciding to go with mainly just "family gifts", rather than individual, was an inspired idea.  The kids still had a great time unwrapping and were still super excited about them.  And when the unwrapping was all over, instead of separating out to play with their own new toys, we converged together and read books, played games, and even watched a movie.  I don't think I heard the phrase, "That's mine!" even once!  

Although, I think I did hear, "No, that's for everyone!" a time, or two.  With 5 and 2-year old boys, I think that's inevitable.


This little sweetheart is still exhausted from our weekend road trip.  She's slept almost the whole time since we got home!  I enjoyed some Christmas morning snuggles with her during breakfast.

We delivered some cinnamon rolls to a few friends and then went caroling with friends at a retirement center.  It was great!

And then we had a spontaneous game night with some friends.  It was so fun!

So, reflecting back on it, I can honestly say that I wouldn't change anything about today.  And that right there is pretty huge.

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a wonderful idea. I'm so happy for you. (and I love you!)

Cheryl said...

Thanks! Love you!