Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 1064: Time Estimating

Whenever HH sets out to build something, or fix something, I ask him how long it's going to take and then I multiply whatever he says by at least 4.

Turns out the same rule applies to me when the sewing machine is involved.

I tried to finish the taggy blanket before church with no luck.

Church was really nice though.  I'm so grateful to be enjoying my Sundays again.

After we returned home and got everyone fed and settled, I headed back to the sewing machine to finish this up:


I'm pretty proud of it.


I love minky dot fabric for baby stuff!  So soft!

And Darling A is a fan, which is nice.

And in the afternoon I had a little mini battle with a "Should".  You know what I mean--"I really should..."  I sat down and thought it all out and determined that this was not a prompting from the Holy Spirit telling me I should do this, it was just my own guilt.  So, I let it go and moved on.

Honestly, I don't usually sew on the Sabbath, but today it was just the distraction I needed to not let the guilt pile on.  And, since it was relatively simple and a gift for my sweet little baby, I felt that it was a perfectly fine Sabbath activity.

This evening the kids and I Skyped with my mama (my dad was out of town, sadly).  Technology that we really ought to take advantage of more often.  It was so fun to visit with her and also to show my sweet happy baby off a bit.  One of the hardest things about living so far from family is not being able to show the grandparents just how cute their grand babies are at every stage!

No comments: