Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 1072: Wrought Iron and Toilet Paper Rolls

Bet you never thought there'd be a connection between those two items.  But there is:


Toilet Paper Rolls


Wrought Iron

Sort of.

Once it's hanging on the wall, you won't be able to tell the difference.  I'm hoping.

I made that, in case you were wondering.

I know--two crafts in less than two weeks!  I'm amazing!

I've been saving up the toilet paper rolls for months for this one.  And now that I have to stay off of my feet as much as possible, it seemed like the perfect time.  It was a pretty quick and easy task.  I actually pieced it all together while nursing.  That's how easy it was!

And I'm pretty proud of it.  And since we have toilet paper rolls as a result of other needs (ahem) and the spray paint was from a craft years ago, this technically cost me nothing!  Sweet!

Also, I swam this morning.  My podiatrist wasn't sure that would be okay because the kicking motion might bother my fracture.  As long as I didn't really kick with my right leg, I was fine.  I swam for almost 30 minutes!  It was so fun and so great and a relief to know that I can still get in some form of exercise over the next few weeks.

And what a reminder about how much of a workout swimming really is!

Multiple people have reached out since I began posting about my therapy with questions, support, encouragement, and kind words.  Thank you to all of you.  I really appreciate the support system you provide for me here.  I appreciate those who let me know they are benefiting from my (sometimes painful and challenging) honesty here.  I appreciate knowing that I'm not alone.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Linda said...

May I see the finished product while I'm here?