Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 1050: We Have Christmas!

That's what Baby B announced to his grandma on the phone tonight.

Because the older kids and I put up the Christmas decorations this afternoon while he napped.  I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by, but I'm excited for this season.  We started listening to Christmas music a few days ago (finally bought the Michael Buble Christmas album from last year--LOVE it!), so it feels nice to have the decorations up--just a little early!

Church was enjoyable again.

Make that amazing.

Sweet P played her violin this morning (accompanied by one of my very talented friends on the piano) in Sacrament Meeting.  She played "I Am A Child of God".  And she did fantastic.  She had a slightly rocky beginning as the intro was a little different than what she had practiced with, but she got her confidence back up and played it smoothly after a few lines.  It was so beautiful.  Really brought in such a sweet spirit.  And I was so proud of her.  She didn't seem afraid at all which was pretty amazing given how reserved she's been of late.

And then I got to play the proud mama for the rest of the day as everyone commented on how talented she is for such a young age.

Yes, yes she is.

And then there was a talk from a young man who recently returned home from serving a two year mission.  He reminded us about the healing that comes through the Savior's Atonement--spiritual, physical, and emotional.  It was a much appreciated reminder for me.

So, I shared all of that in backwards order but it was a great Sunday anyway.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I could've been there to hear Sweet P play! And I'm glad to hear you've got Christmas! Trey is so cute.

Cheryl said...

Me too!

Linda said...

Me too! (that I could have been there also.) Can't wait to hear her next month!