Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 851: Women, Women, Women!

Okay--name that movie!

So, today was still not my best.  In fact, at one point this afternoon I had 8 children at my house and things were more than a little stressful on more than one occasion.

But we survived.

And I finally called my mama.  I didn't talk to her on Mother's Day because I didn't want to spoil her day and I knew my rotten mood wouldn't make for a very pleasant conversation.  Plus, I just wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone.

But, I've really been wanting to call her lately because I knew I'd feel better if I did.  I just was trying to wait until I was in a decent mood.  Tonight I gave up on that and called her anyway.  And she's so wonderful, she didn't mind hearing all about my grumpies.

And I did feel much better after talking to her.  I have a wonderfully amazing mama.  It was definitely a Joyful Moment.

Later on, I met up with a friend for some frozen yogurt and some pregnancy chatter.  She's going to have her first baby a few weeks after Darling A is due.  Even though I was still struggling a bit when I headed out, it was really nice chatting with her.  She is another wonderful person in my life and I don't feel the need to pretend with her quite as much as I do with some people.  And we haven't had time to really talk and hang out for a while now, so it was very much a Joyful Moment to do so tonight.

And there's nothing like telling the war stories of three different labors and deliveries to get ones mind off of the current woes.

Eating delicious frozen yogurt at the same time helps.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments with some wonderfully amazing women of your own!


2 comments:

Linda said...

It was so good to talk with you - THANKS for the call!

Cheryl said...

Thank you for being you!