Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 858: Linus

I really really wanted to get in on the Spring Cleaning action, but felt much too tired at the time.

Fortunately, the combination of increased nesting and a string of house guests has somehow provided me with the energy.  Or at least, bouts of energy.   Followed by bouts of not being able to get off the couch... but that's not what this is about.

Today's accomplishment was finally shampooing the carpets.  Only, I got out of this one.  My dear HH did the whole thing.  How lucky am I?

Just knowing how much dirt and yuckiness are no longer in my carpet is a Joyful Moment every time I think about it.


And watching my new little Linus-in-the-Making has been a bit of a funny Joyful Moment the past few days as well.  Only his is a sheet instead of a blanket.  It's a super worn out sheet that I put on his bed back when he was so sick for weeks on end mid-winter.  With all the nastiness he had coming out of him, I didn't want to ruin a good sheet.  But then he became quite attached to this sheet.  See what he's doing?  He has to do that while he sleeps.  And nicer, thicker sheets just don't allow it.  So, we kept this one on his bed, but it was so thin it finally ripped.  So, I pulled it off and before I could dispose of it, he began dragging it around everywhere.

And I realized this is his "lovie".  Like it or not, this sheet is here to stay.

At least it's easy to wash.

Then, tonight as we were tucking her into bed, Sweet P told HH and I of her idea to give a copy of the Book of Mormon to one of her good friends before school lets out for the summer.  She thought of this completely on her own.  And it was most certainly a Joyful Moment to hear it.  To know that she is learning to appreciate this special book and wants to share that with someone else she cares about.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are easy to wash!

2 comments:

Linda said...

How wonderful that Sweet P wants to share a book that brings so much joy and enlightenment. And Little M reminds me of a little girl long ago and her satin pillowcase. :0)

My JM was playing with grandkids all day and spending time with your big sis. Not to mention witnessing her amazing positive attitude amidst sudden change. It was a very good day.

Cheryl said...

Mom--I know. I'm so proud of her. And my big sis is pretty amazing--I have to agree!