Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 837: Fresh Baked

Happy May Day!  Or, Happy Lei Day!

That's for my mom.  She used to always sing this song, "May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii..."  And I think that every year on May 1st.

I made a couple more batches of strawberry jam yesterday.  Now, I think I have 20+ in my freezer.

But I don't really believe in store bought bread.  Too many ingredients.  And it can be time consuming to find a loaf sans high fructose corn syrup.

I usually just make my own, but (shocker) I've been a little on the tired side lately and haven't felt like it.

But all of that jam has been calling to me.  So, today the boys and I made bread.  My favorite ancient grains bread.  I LOVE that recipe.

Eating it at dinner tonight with strawberry freezer jam was most definitely a Joyful Moment.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that leave your tummies satisfied and happy!

No comments: