Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 852: Consider the Lilies

I'm starting to think it might be time to hang up my running shoes.  At least until after Darling A arrives.  I ran this morning and it was just kind of a lot of pain all day after.  But, I'm not sure I'm ready to quite just yet...

The good news is, tonight I ran a couple of quick errands while Sweet P was at TaeKwonDo.  The second one was to a garden center where I didn't find what I was looking for, but I walked right past these lily plants.  On sale!

We have been struggling to decide what to do with the boring, ugly rock beds on either side of our house.  I decided that just a few of these would work out great.  They in no way fill the space, but it's a start.  And planting them tonight was a very satisfying Joyful Moment for me.  There is something about growing things that always seems to create joy.  Our vegetable garden is doing pretty well, too and that makes me happy every day!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and some growth!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I also love the miracle of watching things grow. Our garden is coming along and I'm hoping to see pea blossoms any day now. My JM was seeing "The Secret Garden" with Art & Sandy. One of the boys in our first Primary class was Collin in the play and it was fun to watch him perform.

Cheryl said...

Sounds very fun!